The United States of America is being led by someone fixated with his popularity and press coverage. To watch him is like watching a contestant on Survivor, the TV show. He is unpredictable, inept, a bully, an abuser, a compulsive liar who has frequent temper tantrums. Except this is not television. This is not a game. This is real life. He believes he is a brilliant dealmaker, despite alienating America’s closest allies and personally attracting world leaders, or anyone who doesn’t agree with him. He is isolating himself and the country. And yet, a large percentage of the American population, inexplicably, stands with him. He needs to be voted off the island. And soon. Before he does more irreplaceable damage to the image of a once great nation.
G7 unity torpedoed by angry Trump tweets dismissing Trudeau as ‘dishonest & weak’ – CBC
Trump retracts his endorsement of G7 final statement – CBS
Trump lashed out at allies: ‘Fair trade, fool trade’, Trump’s tweets spew ire on NATO allies, Trudeau – Reuters
- French president Emmanuel Macron condemned Trump for his “fits of anger and throwaway remarks” – BBC
- German chancellor Angela Merkel called Trumps actions “depressing” – Politico
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May calls on Trump to honour G7 commitments – The Guardian
- European leaders are outraged by Trump over G-7 statement, but they’re not surprised – Star Tribune
- James Comey tweets support for Canada after Trump attacks Trudeau – The Hill
Trump’s ‘Bully’ attack on Trudeau outrages Canadians – NY Times
Trump is a bully who thought Canada was weak. He was wrong about us – The Guardian
Leaders from across Canada’s political spectrum voiced their support Sunday for free trade and opposition to U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum while denouncing the Trump administration’s unprecedented attacks on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. – CTV News
Trade war looms: Trump adviser says Trudeau deserves ‘special place in hell’ for criticizing U.S. tariffs – Globe and Mail
- Trump adviser’s attack on Trudeau sparks backlash in U.S. and elsewhere – The Hill
Trump confesses illegal motive, blows up legal basis for his trade war – NY Magazine
Under Trump, “America First” really is turning out to be America Alone – The New Yorker
Is he aligning himself with his Russian buddy Putin? Trump Tries to Destroy the West – NY Times
The White House hasn’t apologized for it’s comments, so other Americans are doing it instead.
Trump owes Trudeau an apology – belittling our PM is unacceptable – Globe and Mail
- The White House won’t do it. Trump is not man enough. He’s a bully. But Robert De Niro did. He apologized to Canada “for the idiotic behaviour of my president” at the G7 summit. – CBC via YouTube
On a positive note, many Americans are using the hashtag #ThanksCanada right now.