William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor, also known as Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, is 36 years old today.
“On Tuesday, Parliament adopted a bill that ends the prohibition of recreational pot use in Canada. It’s a done deal. There’s no going back. No, the new law won’t come into force until Oct. 17. The date now shimmers on the horizon for weed smokers across the country, and in the meantime possession of non-medical weed remains illegal. But this is a big moment nonetheless. Canada has become just the second country to approve the nationwide legalization of marijuana, after Uruguay. We are more than 10 times Uruguay’s size: This is a major experiment in social policy that the world will be watching.” – Globe editorial
Ex-NASA scientist: 30 years on, world is failing ‘miserably’ to address climate change.
New Zealand’s prime minister Jacinda Ardern gave birth to a baby girl.
Score one for the grouchy employees. The best employees are not the agreeable ones.
Nearly All Canadians Dislike Trump and everything he stands for: corruption, criminality, collusion, obstruction, emoluments…
- The feeling is mutual I’m sure. Canada represents everything Trump hates: Equal rights for women, equal pay for equal work, human rights, humanity, humility, stability.
Illegal border crossings into the U.S. have been declining for years, despite Trump’s claims of a ‘Crisis of Illegal Immigration’
American Healthcare. Immigration. National Debt.
They control the White House. They control the Senate. They control the House of Representatives. Yet they blame the Democratic Party (or Canada or someone else) for everything they don’t get done. Tell a lie. Make it big. Repeat it often.
The U.S. President created the immigrant policy of locking up innocent children as young as 3 years old. He could have ended it with a phone call. Instead he blamed others.
After days of insisting he could do nothing to stop the family breakups, U.S. President Donald Trump caved.
- Long time Republican advisor, Steve Schmidt renounces the GOP: “It is fully the party of Trump”. Republican Party is complicit.
- He could have done it all along. He chose to use locked up children, some as young as 3 years old, locked up in cages in Texas (#TrumpCamps) and then blame the Democrats. He complained that his hands were tied because of a law the Democrats had brought in. That law doesn’t exist, except perhaps in his head. He was wrong. But now he’s just going to lock up the children with their parents.
- Pope Francis criticized the “immoral” actions along the border.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said “what’s going on in the United States is wrong.”
- Republicans on the defensive scrambled to craft legislation to end the separation as videos of youth in cages and an audiotape of wailing children sparked widespread outrage.
- The day Trump caved
- But make no mistake as to why he caved. He didn’t do it because he thought he was wrong. He did it because 70% of Americans disapproved.
1749: Halifax was founded by Gov. Edward Cornwallis. It replaced Annapolis Royal as the capital of Nova Scotia and established a strong British foothold in Nova Scotia.
1919: In what would become known as “Bloody Saturday,” gunfire breaks out after the Royal Canadian Mounted Police charged a group of participants in the five-week-old Winnipeg General Strike. Two strikers were killed and 20 were wounded.
1940: Parliament passed the National Resources Mobilization Act, providing for the conscription of able-bodied men for home defence. It was amended in 1942 giving the government power to conscript for overseas service.
1957: Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first female Cabinet Minister.