So what should we eat?
The NHS’s the Eatwell Guide sets out the balance of foods you need, whatever kind of diet you eat:
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day
- Base meals around higher-fibre starchy foods such as potatoes, bread, rice or pasta
- Don’t forget protein – from lean meat, fish, seafood, pulses, tofu or unsalted nuts
- Include dairy or dairy alternatives
- Foods high in fat, sugars or salt should be eaten less often and in small amounts
» Read this article by Caroline Parkinson at the BBC…